The principal objectives of the Association, among others, may be broadly summarized as follows:
- Securing the representation in MCBA of all banks who are eligible to be members.
- Maintaining and promoting good relations between members and employees, i.e. between banks as employers and their employees.
- Advising and assisting in the regulations of relations between banks and another as members of MCBA, between banks and their employees and between employees and employees
- Securing mutual support and cooperation among member banks to deal with:
a) Demands made by trade unions/employees;
b) Industrial action taken by trade unions/employees;
c) Trade disputes;
d) All matters or questions affecting the common interest of member banks.
- Encouraging the payment of equitable rates of pay;
- Fixing points of custom to promote uniform practice generally and advising on forms of contract between member banks and their employees
- Representing member banks (one or more) in collective bargaining and to deal with trade disputes. This includes negotiations with trade unions, conciliation at the Industrial Relations Department and representing MCBA member banks at the Industrial Court.
- Financing member banks in litigation, arbitration or other legal proceedings arising out of any trade dispute.
- Generally to promote and protect the mutual interests of members and of employees and to do all such other lawful things as are incidental and conducive to the attainment of the above objects.
Please refer to the Rules of MCBA for details.